Senior IT Project Manager (Clinical)
Are you experienced in, and passionate about IT leadership? Consider applying your expertise to impact the delivery of innovative business solutions to build maximum competitive advantage in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being daring, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
The Senior Project / Programme Manager leads one or a set of interrelated major global projects/programmes with a value of up to $20M within the Redefining Clinical Data Flow Program. The role maintains project accountability, from initiation to close, to deliver effective solutions that meet approved customer and business needs. The role is accountable for resolving and delivering solutions to approved budget and schedule commitments whilst meeting required quality and compliance standards. Focus areas include customer management, risk management and delivery of business benefit. This role is also required to follow established project management standards and lead / chip in to continued development of the project / programme management capability.
This role is a leader and advocate working effectively as part of a customer-facing Clinical Data & Biometrics IT team.
- Supervise, drive and approve plans for projects / programmes, including activities, resources, costs, roles, responsibilities and quality as defined in the IT Project Management Methodology (ADF).
- Lead and coordinate project / programme budgets, forecasts, tasks, schedules, risks, organizational change, and status to support effective decisions and project reporting to collaborators and review boards.
- Lead and coordinate interdependencies between projects and programme workstreams (intra-program and across portfolio).
- Handle relationships with senior business customers to ensure the effective capturing of business requirements and commitment to project/program objectives. Responsible for steering / customer meetings, communication of status, issues, risks.
- Drive effective risks & issues management, ensuring processes are in place and optimally used. Ensure problems resolved and advance as appropriate.
- Build a cohesive project /programme team and provide the leadership vital to improve the team’s success.
- Own project / programme improvement plans and lead all aspects of execution of remediation plans.
- Lead changes to project/programme scope, ensuring that all impacts and changes are approved and appropriately communicated to customers and review boards.
- Assure / develop service transition plans to ensure project delivered solutions are balanced within a BAU operations environment, including controlled hand-over into operational support.
- Ensure the project team adheres to all standards including ADF, quality, and compliance, as well as processes, defined technical capabilities, and standard methodologies. Establish program governance and lead Decision Point reviews; member Steering Committee meetings.
- Ensure encouraged benefits realization is consistent with project work and clearly understood by customers and project team.
- Support / lead development of an outstanding center of excellence for project management capabilities and ensure that standard methodology is adopted and reinforced.
- Typical project / programme costs greater than $1m, and a project team greater than 15 people.
- Works closely with:
- AZ Senior/executive customers to ensure understanding and commitment to programme objectives, and development and refinement of work you're doing
- Key business customers to ensure the effective capturing of business requirements and dedication to project/programme objectives
- Supplier Management function to lead delivery of medium sized external supplier contracts
- Internal and External Suppliers to ensure delivery of agreed products and services while ensuring alignment to AZ project delivery standards
The position is a Matrix Manager role which covers all AstraZeneca countries.