Location: 1290 Prince Georges Blvd, Upper Marlboro, Maryland, United States, 20774
Starting Pay is $39.25 - $46.87/hr. based on applicable experience, plus up to $2.50 shift differential based on key
Benefits eligible within first two weeks of employment
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the guest better, faster and more cost effectively than ever before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time.
A role in a Supply Chain Facility means being on the very front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible—a critical differentiator and one of the most essential Logistics functions. You’ll reach beyond the bounds of your team to partner across the enterprise and find solutions to support the business. Whether it’s through focusing on our regional or upstream distribution centers, import warehouses, or fulfillment and flow centers, you’ll have a chance to positively impact thousands of fellow team members and Target guests worldwide, further differentiating Target from all the rest.
As an Engineering & Facilities Maintenance Technician 2 (MT2), you will assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of automated material handling equipment and ensure high equipment availability rates. You will use preventive and predictive maintenance processes, and rapidly troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and quickly restore equipment to service to support the successful operation of the supply chain facility. You will work with other Target service technicians to solve problems, validate quality of work for outside specialty contractors, work with building leaders to optimize material handling equipment, and meet aggressive time lines. You will collaborate with Maintenance Technician 3s and Senior Systems Engineers to perform Root Cause Analysis for equipment failures. You may also assist in training other maintenance technicians and technician trainees to enhance their technical skills and job knowledge.
A successful candidate in this role will:
- Maintain and troubleshoot all electrical and mechanical aspects of Material Handling Equipment (MHE) on site, including conveyor systems, sortation, robotics, or Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (ASRS)
- Adjust scanners, cameras, field buses, scales and printer applicators
- Reset, repair, or replace adjustable components (belts, chains, cables) and wearing components (guides, bearings, wheels, rollers, pulleys)
- Clean, lubricate, and calibrate equipment
- Use appropriate job plans, procedures, and manuals
- Maintain and troubleshoot motors, photo eyes, relays, proximity sensors, solenoids, motor starters, tachometers, encoders, etc.
- Assist with basic electronics/ Programmable Logic Controls troubleshooting
- Conduct maintenance and basic troubleshooting of all types of industrial robots
- Utilize handheld devices and asset management system mobile apps to create and close Work Orders with appropriate data (labor hours, downtime, problem/cause/remedy, and parts used)
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Follow appropriate safety procedures and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while maintaining equipment (Lock Out/Tag Out, Arc Flash, etc.), and ensure a safe work environment by eliminating potential equipment safety hazards
- Operate Target-owned vehicles to complete maintenance activities on the exterior of the facility and within the trailer yard, as well as travel to nearby facilities and local stores to procure parts and supplies
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Physical Demands (must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Walking within and around the site with great frequency
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation, and work off platforms and equipment at significant heights
- Full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists, eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Possess or ability to obtain a valid driver’s license
- PC competency and ability to use mobile apps on handheld devices
- Familiar with wiring diagrams, symbols and electrical measuring
- Experience in the following areas:
- Work order management
- Preventive/predictive maintenance procedures
- Basic blueprint and schematic reading
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Basic metal fabrication and welding
- Industrial Controls and Electronics
- Ability to troubleshoot basic Input/Output functions
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC) programs
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- 2 years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Experience with automated conveyor systems and controls
- Experience with Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards
- Experience with robotic operation/ maintenance
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Location/Region: Upper Marlboro, MD
Similar jobs near me
- Exploring the Income Potential of an Insurance Underwriter
- Understanding the Role of an Underwriter in Insurance
- Navigating the Job Market: Tips for Insurance Underwriters
- Unemployment Insurance: Understanding Financial Support for Job Loss
- Navigating the Education Requirements for a Career as an Insurance Underwriter